Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Burnt Offerings


burnt offerings
Originally uploaded by Zinnia.
This is my best work, I think, it is in relief, small tiles, hand burnished. It is this work that I would most like to see on the walls of the Henry Art Gallery, and the halls of Microsoft. Truth be told, I was writing a man who posted a personal in the Seattle Weekly when I first moved here, it was rumored it was Bill Gates ( way before Melinda) and I thought,"if this is Bill Gates, I want an installation in the house he is building,". So I made up a sq.ft and framed it... ( consider this sells for 1200.00 per Sq. ft.) and sent it to him.(Is In the Monarch Tile Collection.)
Meanwhile...... I went to Joe Loves' Halloween party (dressed as an artist's rendition of a cupcake), and everyone there was buzzing about Bill Gates ad, and I said, umm um, it isn't Bill!" See mouths drop? "How do you know," they asked? " I had dinner with him," I said," he lied about his house being in King country, he is in Snohomish county. Indeed! He took my art, invited me to Monroe for a tacky greasy Italian dinner, and kept my work when he promised to return it, along with a photo of me in Japan that I treasured and only parted with hoping for a possible commission. His house is the log cabin on Northern Exposures. I didn't go to the house, and if he had been rich as he pretended, well, he would have paid for my work instead of keeping it. I still want a commission, anyone have suggestions?

No comments: